LOMONOSOV IMPERIAL BONE CHINA PORCELAIN ESPRESSO CUP SET MAY BALLET CIPOLLINO 165 ml/5.6 fl.oz
- Brand:: Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory
- Product Code: TW-43982
- Availability: In Stock
Collectors of porcelain drinkware would love to get their hands on the Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Espresso / Coffee Cup Cipollino Ballet. This nice espresso set is made of bone china porcelain by Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory in St-Petersburg, Russia. It goes without saying that this cup and saucer set would add great value to any collection and would make any owner proud.
- The Cipollino Ballet Espresso Cup and saucer are HAND PAINTED. Embellished with 22-karat gold. Hand wash is recommended.
- The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
- Material: bone china porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- The set includes 3 items: 1 espresso cup, 1 saucer, 1 cake dessert plate.
- Cup measures: Cup measures: Capacity 165 ml/5.6 fl.oz; L 8 cm, W 6.8 cm, H 7.7 cm/L 3.1", W 2.7", H 3";
- Saucer measures: D 12.1 cm, H 2 cm/D 4.8", H 0.8"
- Cake Plate measures: D 15.5 cm/D 5.9"
- Produced since 2021.
Story: Ballet for children in two acts music by Karen Khachaturian
This ballet enchants you from its very first minute. The harmony of the melodic and ear-catching music by Karen Khachaturian, bright sets and costumes by Valery Levental and vivid choreography by Genrikh Mayorov, perfect both for children and for grown-ups, made it a real blockbuster. The fairy-tale story by Italian author Gianni Rodari tells of the adventures of the Little Onion boy (in Italian, Cipollino), who fights the unjust treatment of his fellow vegetable folk (his little girlfriend Radish, old Mr Pumpkin, handyman Master Grape) by the fruit ‘aristocracy’ (foppish Prince Lemon, martinet Signor Tomato and twin Countesses Cherries). Even though the ballet was created especially for young people, it never lacks ‘serious’ choreography of classical ballet. The principal dancers of the Mikhailovsky Ballet really enjoy themselves turning from Siegfrieds and Odettes into ‘vegetables’ and ‘fruits’. The rhythms of dance, the portrayal and humour of the characters, and the exceptional performances will keep everyone enthralled.