LOMONOSOV IMPERIAL PORCELAIN FIGURINE BALLET FIRE-BIRD
- Brand:: Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory
- Product Code: FIGUR-5510
- Availability: In Stock
Bring the elegance of Imperial Russia with the Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Decorative Figurine Ballet Fire-Bird by Stravinskiy. The decorative figurine will be a perfect gift for porcelain lovers and a perfect addition to any porcelain home decor collection.
· The Figurine is HANDPAINTED. Hand wash is recommended.
· The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
· Material: hard-paste porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- Measures: L 14 cm, W 10.5 cm, H 29.6 cm/L 5.5", W 4.1", H 11.7".
- Produced since 1988.
The Firebird (French: L'Oiseau de feu; Russian: Жар-птица, romanized: Zhar-ptitsa) is a ballet and orchestral concert work by the Russian-born composer Igor Stravinsky. It was written for the 1910 Paris season of Sergei Diaghilev's Ballets Russes company. The original choreography was by Michel Fokine, who collaborated with Alexandre Benois on a scenario based on the Russian fairy tales of the Firebird and the blessing and curse it possesses for its owner. Its premiere at the Opéra de Paris on 25 June 1910 was an immediate success, catapulting Stravinsky to international fame.
The ballet was not only Stravinsky's professional breakthrough, but also the beginning of his partnership with Diaghilev, which would subsequently produce Petrushka, The Rite of Spring, Pulcinella, Mavra, and Les noces.