LOMONOSOV IMPERIAL PORCELAIN FIGURINE GOGOL DEAD SOULS The Manilovs Family
- Brand:: Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory
- Product Code: FIGUR-5378
- Availability: In Stock
Bring the elegance of Imperial Russia with the Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Decorative Figurine The Manilovs Family from Dead Sou;s by Nickolai Gogol. The decorative figurine will be a perfect gift for porcelain lovers and a perfect addition to any porcelain home decor collection.
· The Figurine is HANDPAINTED. Hand wash is recommended.
· The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
· Material: hard-paste porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- Measures: L 10 cm, W 6.6 cm, H 16.1 cm/L 3.9", W 2.6", H 6.3".
- Original item was created in 1950-ies, reroduced since 2000-ies.
Story: Dead Souls (Russian: «Мёртвые души», Mjórtvyje dúshi) is a novel by Nikolai Gogol, first published in 1842, and widely regarded as an exemplar of 19th-century Russian literature. The novel chronicles the travels and adventures of Pavel Ivanovich Chichikov (Russian: Павел Иванович Чичиков) and the people whom he encounters. These people typify the Russian middle-class of the time. Gogol himself saw his work as an "epic poem in prose", and within the book characterised it as a "novel in verse". Despite supposedly completing the trilogy's second part, Gogol destroyed it shortly before his death. Although the novel ends in mid-sentence (like Sterne's Sentimental Journey), it is regarded by some as complete in the extant form.
Tags: Design: Gogol, Painter: I.Riznich, Sculptor: B.Vorobiev, Dead Souls