LOMONOSOV IMPERIAL BONE CHINA PORCELAIN ESPRESSO CUP SET MAY BALLET ROMEO & JULIET 165 ml/5.6 fl.oz
- Brand:: Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory
- Product Code: TW-43358
- Availability: In Stock
Collectors of porcelain drinkware would love to get their hands on the Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Espresso / Coffee Cup Romeo & Juliet Ballet. This nice espresso set is made of bone china porcelain by Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory in St-Petersburg, Russia. It goes without saying that this cup and saucer set would add great value to any collection and would make any owner proud.
- The Romeo & Juliet Ballet Espresso Cup and saucer are HAND PAINTED. Embellished with 22-karat gold. Hand wash is recommended.
- The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
- Material: bone china porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- The set includes 3 items: 1 espresso cup, 1 saucer, 1 cake dessert plate.
- Cup measures: Cup measures: Capacity 165 ml/5.6 fl.oz; L 8 cm, W 6.8 cm, H 7.7 cm/L 3.1", W 2.7", H 3";
- Saucer measures: D 12.1 cm, H 2 cm/D 4.8", H 0.8"
- Cake Plate measures: D 15.5 cm/D 5.9"
- Produced since 2014.
Story: Romeo and Juliet is a ballet by Sergei Prokofiev based on William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. Prokofiev reused music from the ballet in three suites for orchestra and a solo piano work. Based on a synopsis created by Adrian Piotrovsky (who first suggested the subject to Prokofiev) and Sergey Radlov, the ballet was composed by Prokofiev in September 1935 to their scenario which followed the precepts of "drambalet" (dramatised ballet, officially promoted at the Kirov Ballet to replace works based primarily on choreographic display and innovation). Following Radlov's acrimonious resignation from the Kirov in June 1934, a new agreement was signed with the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow on the understanding that Piotrovsky would remain involved.