LOMONOSOV IMPERIAL PORCELAIN COFFEE LATTE HOT CHOCOLATE MUG HERMITAGE BRIDGE 360 ml/12.2 fl.oz
- Brand:: Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory
- Product Code: TW-43771
- Availability: In Stock
Underglaze decal technique is used for the Bridges of Petersburg Coffee Mug and saucer. Embellished with 22-karat gold. Hand wash is recommended.
- The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
- Material: hard-paste porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- Mug measures L 12.5 cm, W 9.6 cm, H 9.5 cm/ L 4.9", W 3.8", H 3.7"; Capacity 12.2 oz/360 ml.
- Saucer measures D 16 cm, H 2.5 cm / D 6.3", H 1" .
Produced since 2020.
About Design: More about sightseeings in Saint-Petersburg pictured on Lomonosov Porcelain you may learn here
Hermitage Bridge is a bridge across the Winter Canal along Palace Embankment in
Saint Petersburg, Russia. The bridge constitutes part of the Hermitage and
Winter Palace ensemble. The bridge is between the Hermitage Theatre (32, Palace
Embankment) and the Old Hermitage (34, Palace Embankment). The Winter Canal
separates two islands: Winter Palace is on Second Admiralty island (in the
west), while the Hermitage Theatre is on First Admiralty island (in the east).
Automobile traffic crosses the bridge in two lanes, one in each direction. The
canal waters flow from the Neva to the Moyka, while boats on the canal travel
from the Moyka to the Neva.
nearest station of the Saint Petersburg Metro is Admiralteyskaya.
original bridge was a three-span wooden drawbridge constructed in 1718–20 by
Harmen van Bol'es, immediately after the canal near the Winter Palace was
completed. This bridge was narrow, allowing passage of only one cart at a time.
permanent stone bridge was built in 1763–66, in conjunction with building of
granite embankments of the Neva River. Today, Hermitage Bridge remains the
oldest stone bridge in Saint Petersburg.
the arch of the bridge was built from brick and limestone with granite
exterior. In 1934 it was replaced with the new monolithic hinge-free
ferroconcrete arch, but the granite facade was preserved by the project of
engineer A. D. Sapestein and architect K. M. Dmitriev, the adviser – professor
G. P. Peredery. In 1950, the original decor of ramps was restored.
On 20 April 1738, the bridge received its first official name of Upper Embankment Bridge after the Upper Embankment street (today's Palace Embankment). However, this name didn't catch on. The name Winter Palace Bridge after the nearby Winter Palace started to circulate in the middle of the 18th century. From the end of the 18th century the bridge was renamed to Palace Bridge (not to be confused with the modern Palace Bridge). The current name was established in 1929. The Hermitage Bridge name came from the Hermitage Theater which was built by that time between Winter Canal and Winter Palace.