LOMONOSOV IMPERIAL BONE CHINA PORCELAIN ESPRESSO CUP SET MAY BALLET NUTCRACKER 165 ml/5.6 fl.oz
- Brand:: Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory
- Product Code: TW-4916
- Availability: In Stock
Collectors of porcelain drinkware would love to get their hands on the Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Espresso / Coffee Cup Nutcracker Ballet. This nice espresso set is made of bone china porcelain by Lomonosov Imperial Porcelain Factory in St-Petersburg, Russia. It goes without saying that this cup and saucer set would add great value to any collection and would make any owner proud.
- The Nutcracker Ballet Espresso Cup and saucer are HAND PAINTED. Embellished with 22-karat gold. Hand wash is recommended.
- The original Lomonosov factory logo is on the bottom of each piece. Genuine Article - 100% Guaranteed.
- Material: bone china porcelain. Made in Russia by the Imperial Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
- The set includes 3 items: 1 espresso cup, 1 saucer, 1 cake dessert plate.
- Cup measures: Cup measures: Capacity 165 ml/5.6 fl.oz; L 8 cm, W 6.8 cm, H 7.7 cm/L 3.1", W 2.7", H 3";
- Saucer measures: D 12.1 cm, H 2 cm/D 4.8", H 0.8"
- Cake Plate measures: D 15.5 cm/D 5.9"
- Produced since 2004.
Story: The Nutcracker (Shchelkunchik) is an 1892 two-act ballet ("fairy ballet";), originally choreographed by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov with a score by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (Op. 71). The libretto is adapted from E. T. A. Hoffmann's story "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King".
Although the original production was not a success, the 20-minute suite that Tchaikovsky extracted from the ballet was. However, the complete Nutcracker has enjoyed enormous popularity since the late 1960s and is now performed by countless ballet companies, primarily during the Christmas season, especially in North America. Major American ballet companies generate around 40% of their annual ticket revenues from performances of The Nutcracker. The ballet's score has been used in several film adaptations of Hoffmann's story.